On Wednesday the 18th of May and Thursday the 19th of May Year 10 students had a session on Cyber Bullying presented by Constable Lee. The session covered:
- Know who you are talking to online
- How easy it is to lose control of private images you may be sending
- The legal responsibilities of what is posted on your social media and further sent on
- Legal consequences of what is shared/posted online
- Youth mental health (victims’ perspective), youth suicide and how this relates to cyber bullying
- Where and how to reach out for help
We urge you to find out what online sites your rangatahi are using and see if they also have a private locked area on their phone where they may be storing material you would not like them to have.
If you find your child is exposed to harmful material or is being bullied online please contact Netsafe.