Our small but amazing crew of 12 rowers had an outstanding Maadi Cup. A massive congratulations to our 2 crews who made A Finals (top 8 in New Zealand).
– Justin Smyth who was 3rd in the in the Boys U18 Singles
– Rowan Giles & Maddie Coombes 6th U17 Double
The following crews also made B Finals (top 16 in New Zealand)
– Rowan Giles, Raetara David, Jada Tulaga, Maddie Coombes + Bria Duncan 8th in the B final for the Girls U17 coxed quad
– Morgan Cawood, Hayley Cutler, Corbin Radford, Ella Cloke + Bria Duncan 6th in the Girls novice four B final
– Kahukura Haggie 4th in the Boys U16 single B final
Justin Smyth has also been selected for the 2023 NZ U19 trials at Lake Karāpiro from 15 – 20 April.
These were amazing achievements, thank you to our amazing coaches, and support crew.
Earlier this term we also participated at the NISS Champs. Check out the results below!
Highlights were our two medal winners:
Justin Smyth who was 3rd in the U18 Single Sculls A Final and our U18 Girls Novice coxed four placed 3rd in their A final (Ella Cloke, Corbin Radford, Hayley Cutler, Morgan Cawood + Bria Duncan (Coach Annabelle McRobie)
Well done to our other rowers who made A and B Finals. Check out their results below:
– Girls U17 coxed quad placed 7th in the A final
Maddie Coombes, Jada Tulaga, Raetara David, Rowan Giles + Bria Duncan
– Girls Novice coxed quad placed 2nd in the B final
Ella Cloke, Corbin Radford, Hayley Cutler, Ananya Bansal + Abdu Esmaeil
– Girls U17 double placed 5th in the B final
Rowan Giles, Maddie Coombes
– Girls U16 double placed 3rd in the B final
Raetara David, Jada Tulaga
– Boys U16 single placed 6th in the A final