Police have seen an increase in complaints to do with school students with online bullying and bullying within schools. Police are continuously trying to work with Schools to prevent harm to Youth experiencing these issues and assist them with support in general.
The topics that were covered:
- Know who you are talking to
- How easy it is to lose control of private images you may be sending
- The legal responsibilities of what is posted on your social media and further sent on
- Legal consequences of what is shared/posted online
- Youth mental health (victims’ perspective), Youth suicide and how this relates
- Case studies/Work stories
- Where and how to reach out for help
Photo is of Constable Amber Lee (Youth Engagement officer) and Hannah Francis Youth Development Team.